Puppy & Kitten Care Veterinary Service in East Rockaway, NY
Taking care of a new puppy or kitten can be a lot of work. Fortunately, East Rockaway Veterinary Hospital is here to help.
Our Puppy/Kitten Health Care Services in East Rockaway Include:
- Full-Body Examination, Dental Health, Heart and Lung Tests, Blood Work, Urinalysis, and Feces Samples.
- Parasite Prevention for Worms, Heartworms, Fleas, and Ticks.
- Vaccinations for Puppies Include Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza, and Bordetella.
- Vaccinations for Kittens Include Rabies, Enteritis, Panleukopenia, Calicivirus, Viral Rhinotracheitis, and
- Feline Leukemia.
- Nutrition Guidance for a Healthy Diet.
- Training Tips & Advice to Help Your New Pet Socialize.
Why Are Vaccination and Parasite Prevention So Important?
Vaccinations protect your new pets from contagious and infectious diseases that are very hard to treat, and the only way for them to be fully protected is by giving them all of the vaccines and by also keeping them away from public spaces until they are at least 16 weeks old. In addition, Parasite Prevention can be performed through various types of treatments such as tablets, topical applications, injections, and rinses, among others.
When Should I Spay and Neuter My Pet?
This procedure is strongly advised, not only because it will avoid several behavioral issues but because it will also prevent future illnesses such as prostatic, testicular, and uterine diseases. It is important to highlight that these procedures can be done as early as eight weeks of age, as long as your pet weighs at least two pounds.
Should I Get Pet Insurance?
In order to give your pets the medical care they need, sometimes a Pet Insurance Plan is the best option. This way, you can manage the costs of emergency care, accidents, illnesses, dental issues, genetic and hereditary conditions, breed-specific conditions, and alternative care.